The City of Boynton Beach, Florida contracted with the GIC to evaluate the extent of the City’s tree canopy and plantable areas, and to determine the environmental benefits the trees provide. The City is designated as a “Tree City USA” by the Arbor Day Foundation in recognition of its 35-year commitment to caring for its urban trees. This assessment provides data to help the City track its tree canopy and create strategies to expand it.
The report can help the city to:
• Document the environmental and social benefits the City’s trees provide
• Determine the most strategic locations to either retain or plant trees for environmental benefit
• Provide baseline data to track progress toward achieving a tree canopy goal
• Provide data to inform management of the City’s urban forest and to support investments in tree care and planting
• Contribute to meeting the goals and targets established by the Climate Action Plan and other City plans and programs
Learn more on our Tree Planning and Planting Campaign page.